Tuesday, October 2, 2012

VAGABOND CHICK: MY LIFE... ON THE ROAD



  You know how  everyone makes New Year's Resolutions...and then breaks them?  At the  end of  last year, I promised myself that  I was going to really and truly try to stay put a little more. 

 "This  next year will be for me,"  I said earnestly to myself. 

 " In 2012,  I'm gonna  take more classes than I teach...get back to cooking instead of eating  road food... maybe start a garden. Hell,  maybe  I'll even go on a vacation!".

  Yeah, right!  I'm kinda stunned that it's October already, the year is almost over. It's already  time for The Holidays... that is, if you count Halloween as part of them, the way I do! Anyway, so much for my resolution... I'm finishing out the year the way  I started it- on tour.  And  lots of  my 2013  travel is already  booked  and confirmed- just the way I like it.  

 Might as well face the facts, I'm a damn vagabond- I love  being on the road!

 Which leads me to this: 

 In January 2013 , the Los Angeles-based Punk Hostage Press  will be  publishing a  new book ( under my given name, Pleasant Gehman) that I've written, titled Lady Don't Be Panic!    

 The book is all memoir- true stories  featuring  some of my craziest on-the-rod road incidents, from my days touring with my all girl rock bands  in the 1980's to  more recent  global  shenanigans  from my dance career.   If you'll be in Los Angeles on Sunday, October 14, I'll be previewing some of the  material in a re free reading at Stories Books  & Cafe, along with Punk Hostage authors  Iris Berry and A. Razor. 

 Details are here: https://www.facebook.com/events/281497675284289/

 And  if you want to check on the exact release date of   Lady Don't Be Panic, the publisher's  official website is here: http://punkhostagepress.com/

 If you don't  live in LA, then  I'll probably see you soon at a dance event! 

 Here's what else  I'm up to- at least for the near future.  Excited to see old friends, make new ones, dance up a storm, and  generally cause some  trouble!

OCTOBER 4-6 , 2012  OFFENBURG, GERMANY
  Black Forest  Tribal Festival



OCTOBER 26-28, 2012 EL PASO, TX
Dangerous Beauties On Tour



OCTOBER 30, 2012  HOLLYWOOD, CA
Tiara Tuesdays: Princess Farhana’s Belly  Dance Showcase
BELLY DANCE SPOOKTACULAR!!!
Moun Of Tunis Restaurant
7445 ½ Sunset ( at Gardener)
 Hollywood, CA 90046  Dinner: 7pm; Show; 8:00pm
(323) 874-3333


NOVEMBER  2 & 3, 2012  DECATUR, GA
Princess Farhana workshops & performance
Glamour Garage Intensive ( Sat)  Dance Workshops ( Sun)


 DECEMBER 7-9, 2012, SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA
 Tribal Fusion Faire
Princess Farhana workshops & performance
Madonna Expo Center at The Madonna Inn


 DECEMBER 11, 2012,  NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA
 Holiday Raks-travaganza  Show
Skinny’s   Lounge 4923 Lankershim, NoHo, Ca
(818) 763-6581




2013

 FEBRUARY 2, 2013   LEMOORE, CA
Princess Farhana’s Glamour Garage
Santa Rosa Rancheria Community Gym
16085 Jersey Avenue
Lemoore, CA 93245


FEBRUARY 15-17, 2013
Belly Dancer  Of The Universe 2013

MARCH 1-3,  2013 GLASTONBURY, UK
MAJMA Dance Festival



MARCH 14-17, 2013  ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA


 MARCH  21-24, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
info: Alia  info@dancewithalia.com

 March 30 , 2013  HONOLULU, HAWAII


APRIL  20 & 21,  ATLANTA, GA
  Gems Of The South Competttion


 MAY 14-19, 2013  SEBASTOPOL, CA
 Tribal Fest 13

  MAY 31-JUNE 2, 2013, LONG BEACH, CA
 Cairo Caravan  on board The Queen Mary


JUNE 7--19, 2013 DENVER, COLORADO
Shimmy 2 B Free


JULY 27 & 28, 2013  MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
ESTRELLAS DE BELLY DANCE

 OCTOBER 3-7, 2013, NEWPORT BEACH, CA
  MECDA  PRO DANCE CONFERENCE & REREAT




1 comment:

  1. If you're looking for a reputable contextual ad company, I recommend you take a peek at PropellerAds.

    ReplyDelete