Friday, March 2, 2012

DAYDREAM BELIEVER




I was so sad when I learned about the passing of Davey Jones, the lead singer for The Monkees.

Some of my best childhood memories involve The Monkees…like standing with my little brother Charlie in our tree fort, ardently playing air guitar on broken badminton rackets, singing ( ok, I really meant yelling!) along to “The Last Train From Clarksville”.

The other day, I heard The Monkees’ “Daydream Believer” on the radio.

Not only is it one of my favorite pop songs, it got me thinking about the concept of really paying attention to daydreams. Daydreams are not just whimsy- I seriously think that what they really are is something very important that your heart and soul is pointing out to you.

I heartily believe in pursuing your dreams, no matter how unachievable or unreal they may seem. Even if you do not succeed in everything you set out to do, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you gave it your all in trying...and just think of how much fun you'll have along the way! And your dreams might just come true...I know many people whose dreams did come true, and I know lots of of mine have, too!

I’m big on the pop culture references today, but as the song from “The Rocky Horror Show” says, “Don’t Dream It, Be It”!

Here’s some inspirational quotes on dreaming…please refer to them when you have a dream that is so far-fetched you think you might have really gone insane:

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”

Eleanor Roosevelt


"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
Mark Twain


"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined."
Henry David Thoreau


“None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

“ Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back: a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.”
Anais Nin


“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.”

Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment