Sunday, June 21, 2009

CAIRO CALLING





In less than 24 hours I will be on my way to Cairo, and though I'm really looking forward to it, the usual pre-trip pandemonium is in full effect, in a big way!

Yesterday, it was raining here in Hollywood, and I had to take Blondie to the vet for her kitten booster shots. After the battle of getting her into the cat-carrier, I discovered my car battery had died. Got a lift to the vet, and later my patient, awesome boyfriend fixed the car.

Had to cancel a gig last night due to my auto-accident injuries acting up. Booked an emergency on-the-way-to-the-airport visit with my also-awesome, also-patient chiropractor for tomorrow.

Today the sun is out, and while Blondie was playing in the garden with her mom and the other the adult cats, she got stung by a bee. Calls to the emergency vet ensued; with a bit of struggle, I removed the stinger ( what an evil, long-ass thing it turned out to be, too!) with a tweezer and she's now sleeping peacefully in her little basket.

In between all this, I have been doing promo for the July 18 Los Angeles workshop and show with Ozgen, my friend from UK who is an AMAZING Turkish-born dancer. ( See www.laraqs.com for info on that) and talking with my sponsor Shawn for my up-coming Alaska workshops in Juneau and Anchorage, for the first two weeks of August. To see more about this, go here:
http://www.pierglass.com/noodle/events.html

Yes, it's always a thrill a minute, never a dull moment at The Royal Palace!

I will try to post some new blog entries from Cairo...but be forewarned: I am a total techno-tard!
In the meantime, Happy Summer Solstice and Happy Father's Day!

PIX:
The Citadel of Muhammed Ali, Cairo
Princess Of The Nile
An amazing vintage sign in a Cairo store front ( "Misr" means "Egypt", in case you didn't know!)
On the bus with Randa Kamel's singer, Samir, the band and belly dancer Dalila, sitting to my right-on our way to a wedding gig in Heliopolis

No comments:

Post a Comment