Sunday, August 28, 2011

IRATE OVER IRENE


As I write this, Hurricane Irene is still lingering over New England.

Millions are without power, there has been extensive flooding and some eleven reported deaths.

Like many people, my heart is with those who have experienced the worst of the storm.

But right now, a little selfishly, I might add... I am having my own personal hurricane drama.

I have just heard from my partner Yaz Taleb of King Of The Nile in Egypt that my new line of belly dance costumes cannot ship from Cairo today because, due to Hurricane Irene, the airports in New York are closed! We need our costumes for The Las Vegas Belly Dance Intensive, where we are debuting the line and holding three fashion shows, and time is of the essence!

If you would like to see some pictures of what is waiting in Cairo, please visit this page:

www.Facebook.com/PrincessFarhanaForKingOfTheNile

Please dancers, cross your fingers not just for the people of the East Coast, but for my costumes, stopped in transit!


No comments:

Post a Comment